7 Things To Avoid After Eating14:30
There myths that after eating you should move about, eat fruits or even relax by sleeping for a while. We would like to correct these myths as they can actually harm your digestive system and cause health related issues. Here are seven things you should not do after eating:
• Do not smoke – Studies from experts proved that smoking a cigarette after a meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes, causing higher chances of cancer.
• Do not eat fruits immediately as eating fruits after a meal will cause your stomach to be bloated. Therefore eat fruits 1 to 2 hours after a meal or 1 hour before.
• Do not drink tea because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the protein intake from the food we consume to be hardened and thus difficult to digest.
• Do not loosen your belt! Loosening the belt after a meal will easily cause the intestine to be twisted and blocked.
• Do not take a shower as it will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs & body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease. This will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.
• Do not walk about – People always say that after a meal walk a hundred steps and you will live longer! It’s a myth! Walking will cause the digestive system to be unable to absorb the nutrition from the food we eat.
• Do not sleep immediately – The food we take will not be able to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric problems and infections in our intestine.